During the summer, a typical Gold Wing rider does a lot of low RPM night cruising with lights, stereo and accessories switched on resulting in chronic discharge of the battery. The battery will not be able to fully charge with the drain of electrical accessories add ons which may cause the battery to die prematurely. Preserve your battery with a charger or tender.
Articles in this section
- BASIC TROUBLESHOOTING
- CAN A LEAKING WATER PUMP BE REPAIRED?
- CAN ALL GL1500 RIDERS ENJOY THE BENEFITS OF FLOORBOARDS AND HIGHWAY BOARDS?
- DO BRAKE PISTONS THAT HAVE EXTERIOR DENTS OR LOCK UP NEED REPLACING?
- ELIMINATE NOTCHY STEERING AND IMPROVE HIGH-SPEED HANDLING AND CONTROL
- HOW TO CALCULATE ELECTRIC CURRENT DRAWN BY LIGHT BULB
- HOW TO CARE FOR CHROME ACCESSORIES
- HOW TO IMPROVE START UP, WARM UP, IDLING AND ACCELERATION
- HOW TO LIMIT EXCESSIVE PITCHING WHEN BRAKING OR RIDING ON UNEVENLY SURFACED ROADS.
- IS GL1200 STATOR FAILURE DUE TO THE NEED FOR AN IMPROVED CHARGING HARNESS?